Unclaimed Freight



I'm still here at the junction you left me,

Shaken about and a little dusty.

I am ready to be treated the way I was shown,

eight years ago.

I've watched the trains passing by, 

with cars full of happy people, drinking tea and cheery.

My soul burns with infinite regret,

each time i see the tracks left behind me.

While I sit here frozen and time itself,

seems to run past me just a little bit faster.

Perhaps it's too late for me, 

to catch a little light before it all burns red.

Your lips on mine were fire,

in the warm summer nights and now your voice is a siren.

We are doused out and smoke is dissipating,

into the ether where my mind rests.

Sinking beneath satin sheets and fluffy pillows,

I am still in this place where you left me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Angels

Shell of a man

Kindred Spirits