Kindred Spirits

this was originally written June 7 2021

We danced in the living room,

you and my two left feet.

I opened the door smiling,

breaking up my work day.

Always with something in hand.

The hot nights of 2021

so filled with sweets and gifts.

A card saying "it would be okay",

I still open the back door and hope 

to see you there.

The sun ravaged us while we connected

deeply under the summer sun.

Like a hurricane that swept

me up each time,

I could feel your heart beating,

from a few steps away.

You'd tell me I was beautiful, 

and I'd always look away.  

We'd take walks across campus,

only joined by the crickets and the leaves.

When I couldn't find words,

you always knew what to say, 

I kept thinking you were sent from

somewhere far away.

I always choked before I had a chance

to say that I care for you deeply.

I even painted you a picture, 

I'm embarrassed to say.  

my life is quite confusing, much to my dismay.

The seasons always change, but how

I hoped you would stay.  

"Who knows what the future holds?"

time it slips away... 

but in my heart you've branded

a piece of you to stay.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Angels

Shell of a man